Now you’re ready for the big time! You’ve got all your gear, and it’s time to go “pro”. This third and final video, “Ace”- Level 3, in our “Amateur to Ace” series will have you feeling immersed in hiker culture before you set foot on the trail. We’ll cover hiker lingo, trail names, pre-hike training, trail ailments, testing your gear, snow travel and miscellaneous tips and tricks of the thru hiker. All that’s left now is to do the miles and get the smiles!
Some of the information included on this final mp4/video:
- Hiker lingo- Learn the language of the “underground” hiking world!
- Trail names- Most long distance hikers have one!
- Planning a hike
- Pre-hike training- What will get you in shape for your hike?
- Mail drops- What are mail drops and how to plan them.
- Traveling by air, etc., with your pack- How to keep your gear safe until you get to the trail!
- Hiking partners- Pros and cons.
- Trail ailments- The most common injuries and illnesses of hikers on trail.
- Testing your gear- Don’t wait till you’re out in the field to find out it if it’s going to work for you!
- GPS and Spot units- Do you need one?
- Photo options
- Planning a THRU hike!!!
- Trail angels- Who are these wonderful people and why do they love hikers?
- Elevation issues
- Hiking in different climates
- River crossings
- Building fires
- Triple Crown Award- How to get one of these prestigious awards!
- Run time: 1:37:10
Now you can use PayPal to pay for your order…whether you have a PayPal account or not!
These files are quite large and may take 10 or 20 minutes to download. Please be patient.