Congratulations on ramping up to the next level! Hopefully by now you have all your primary gear, or at least a good idea what to buy, after viewing Level 1- “Amateur”. In this video, “Apprentice- Level-2, we’ll cover secondary gear choices….things like, knives, headlamps and other light sources, compasses, water treatments, food choices, toiletries and so much more. Just as making good choices for primary gear can make or break your hike, so too can secondary gear choices. You’ve got your backpack…now what should you put in it? How much should it weigh and what secrets do thru hikers use to keep pack weight down? By the end of this video, you’ll know how to pack it all up and take it on down the trail!
Covers secondary gear choices, as listed below, but much, much more!
- Light sources- Compares various headlamps and power sources.
- Knives- Do you really need that machete? Probably not.
- Compasses- Sometimes you’ll need one, sometimes you won’t!
- Water treatment- Do you need to carry a filter, or will chemical drops or tablets do?
- Entertainment- Radio? iPod?
- Cameras and camcorders
- Glasses- or contacts? What about sunglasses?
- Toiletries- It may be awhile till your next shower! What should you take?
- First Aid kit- What to take, what to leave home.
- Trekking poles- To use or not to use.
- Whistles- Will you need one? Which is the best?
- Cooking- To cook or not to cook? And, what to use if you do!
- Food choices- Real food or dehydrated?
- How to load your backpack and pack it all up- using all the information from the first 2 videos!
- Run time: 1:53:40
Now you can use PayPal to pay for your order…whether you have a PayPal account or not!
These files are quite large and may take 10 or 20 minutes to download. Please be patient.